September 11, 2010

Illayaraja - How to name it. Music I loved & would keep listening to

Jai Gurudeva!

As I was updating my FB profile, the question 'music you like' reminded me of my most listened piece of music ever. It is Illayaraja's 'How to name it', immortal violin music, I would listen to it in the liby or my room on my walkman. Those of you in the ipod generation who dont know what a walkman is, it used to be the latest music gadget that allowed you to listen to music while walking!! The mode of music storage was audio tapes called cassettes! I dont know who gave it to me first or where did I listen to first time. I think it was Myla.
I ended up searching on the net for the link, have downloaded it and now its playing on my Mac !!!
Music has strong memories. I am pulled back to 153/H5 IITB days !!!. My room had a beautiful tree outside the window. Study time meant Illayaraja  'How to name it'!!

Here is one of the songs from 'How to name it' form youtube.

luv
Jai Gurudeva!
Ramnik

2 comments:

Love. Jai Gurudeva!
Ramnik