August 3, 2008

The secret of two weeks spent at Infosys, hyderabad ! Revealed!


Technology runs in the DNA of my spirit which belongs to Guruji. Incase you didnt know this, Guruji is a B.Sc in Physics! So naturally if I meet some of my old techie friends I talk to them about stuff thats happening around and stuff they are doing. 
Nandu (aka Nand aka Nandkishore) was hanging around in the ashram alternating with hyderabad during the YES!+ TTC. From the starting of his software industry career around 2001 to 2008, he has transformed himself into a SAP trainer for the corporate biggies like Microsoft, Infosys etc. A cross-country runner maverick from IIT bombay, Nandu was one year junior to me.  He had become my fan on the kopran project I spend a few months with him in 2001. He had caught my incurable passion for loving, developing, respecting and promoting supreme quality genius intelligent software in those months. I moved on to become full time Art of Living teacher but the intent of my software heritage had been passed on, even almost unknown to me! Nandu went to the US, did some kick-ass stuff with his software skills and soon he was in heavy demand as a free lance SAP consultant.  But his greatness was that though he could do it all by himself he did it under the banner of Sumeru software.  About a year ago he returned back to india and his home town hyderabad. Now to don another role. Of an SAP trainer. He was such good a trainer, his 1st batch students gifted him a colorplus shirt at the end of the training :-) To get a gift as personal as a shirt for training someone software is RARE!



I started talking to him about SAP. ( The foto above is nandu's). He gave me a quick one hour session and I was already hooked. He was super good as a trainer. I said , "Can you come to chandigarh while am there and train me all this stuff during the day and I will have you sit in my YES+ in the evening ! :-) " . He had to check his schedule. Few trainings in india were in pipeline and then he was supposed to leave for Dusseldorf, SAP headquarters in Germany. He was not sure of the pipeline though. I said to myself , O maybe sometime later. Next year maybe. And then the next I know is he is ON for a training at Infosys hyderabad. Not only this he had invited me to be with him and attend the training. Stay taken care on the infy campus. Being on the training would mean I postpone two of my scheduled YES!+ courses. I have rarely postponed on cancelled my courses in the past. But this time I did it! Chandigarh was postponed by 2 weeks and Avinash took the Gurgaon course!

20th july I was on my 11 hours sitting Volvo bus night journey to hyderabad from bangalore:-) Since it was the last available seat on this bus it was the middle seat on the last row. My back soon started to hurt from all the jumps of the bad road. I just walked up to the driver and told him I can't sit there. He said, " ok then sit on the empty seat next to me." I graciously accepted. Atleast my back would not get any jolts. But it also meant i stayed awake the WHOLE night journey with headlights from upcoming traffic straight into your eyes! And this seat doesnt recline back! Its not meant for sleeping!.:-)
Ajit, the marketing and sales star of Sumeru training division picked me up from the bus station. His wife served one of the best idlies for breakfast after I had my bath followed by a drop to Infosys city by Ajit. The training began soon after I reached. I did no blink an eyelid of sleep till 5 pm of the training. and my left brain was ON all this while!! I know you are amazed!!. Even I am amazed !:-) 

The next 2 weeks I was in the world of a technology student! I love to learn. And if I have a great teacher to teach it to me I dont want to miss on a moment's learning! Nandu was amazing. He knew his subject so well he did not open the powerpoint presentations for almost any of the sessions. He was downright honest about stuff he did not know. And he was pointblank confident about his teaching abilities for the stuff he knew. Even as a trainer myself, I learnt a lot from him.  Now the infy guys around me had been 2 to 5 years into the industry without a break! And for me it was almost 8 years of gap! I realized it doesnt matter if you start writing code after such a huge gap, if you are good you will soon be on top! And its true for everything !! On the 4th day Nandu gave an assignment for which he gave a time period of one hour to finish. 10 minutes and 3 ( yes 3 ) lines of well thought code and I was done! The class continued to the next topic after one hour :-). You have no idea how it feels to be on top of something which was your passion, after such huge time gap! Infact this inspired me to begin with making my blog in the avtaar you see it now :-)

On friday evening 25th july I started reading about blogs, what they should be, what are the best places to make blogs, what are the pluses and minuses of different locations and styles and various other things. Finally the blog was ready for informing to the world in the next 4 sleepless , foodless, no-moving-away from-the-laptop days!!

Two weeks in the technology energy space, am now trained on SAP's programming language  and have a rollicking blog!!! The rest of the story you know!!

Another great learning that was reinforced was whatever you give to the world will come back to you many folds in future !!

love,
Jai Gurudeva!
goodnight!
Ramnik

22 comments:

  1. wow!!so this is why u kept us waiting in chd.:{
    but whe're not complaining!the blog is awesommme!!!!!!!!!!
    wow again.10 mins. 4 u 2 write a code is too short a time.
    kudos,u proved again how in a true sense u r an iitan.but how does this matter 2 me.u're not sharing ur secrets anyways.the last answer u gave was that u got through 'cause ppl cudn't dump u anywhere else.hahaha!!!!!!!!!
    then u said 2 do kriya,live in the present moment,et al.bt even that isn't a substantial help.u're not GUIDING me as a guru should........
    please send me some tips urgently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wwwwwooooooooooowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!
    ur article in hindustan times under 'not just another brick in the wall' is simply awwwesommmeee!!
    u luk gr8!!u can even use that photo 4 ur homepage.it's so cool. n it doesn't even look like u.it is so damn AWESOME.now i get the scene of how u'd luk while dancing 2 those tunes that mahek said....
    yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kya bhaiya,yestrday u made me so nervous n xcited both that i forgot all that i had 2 talk 2 u.the 'o kudi!!'kinda greeting was ssoooooooo unexpected that i was taken by surprise.i didn't even wish u a happy friendships day 4 which i had called.!!NOW,i wish u.
    jai gurudev

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry bhaiya,last comment........
    u look ssssssssssooooooooo much of a hunk in that photo.!!(HT)
    on second thought,is that really u?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok.... so, finally the mystery is no more a mystery...

    that was some cool time you had... and what a coincidence..i have lots of requirements for SAP trained candidates( i am working as a recruiter)... ha ha...

    Jai Gurudeva!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bhaiya, i have a query...

    how to do kriya while travelling??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok Bhaiya!!
    It means now we can learn SAP also from you with all knowledge.
    Bhaiya bada maza ayega ......
    Here we are many software proffessionals.So what time of our class?
    Hi hi hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey,

    which is this column which is being commented about... please tell me know, i will love to read it...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bhaiya,

    Can we have a search thingy on your blog... using which we can search for a particular date's entry, or some particular heading that we might want to go through... would this be possible??

    Jai Gurudev!!!
    Love,
    Taran

    ReplyDelete
  10. jai gurudev bhaiya....
    simply amaazingggggg...u earnd SAP in 2 weeks!!!!!!it takes at east 6 months...hey plz teach me na....so,meri SAP clases kab se SIR!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool......... i think you should get ready for SAP training now.!!!!


    Ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bhaiya...

    have you tried scour... its good way to earn money but its a bit slow...

    but it's worth checking out, you might as well like it!!!

    you can try it - http://scour.com/invite/Taran3

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh !! so here comees the logic behind ur DHOKHA !! we waiting in chd and sir ji schooling in hyd !! i fee like saying SCHOOL CHALE HUM !!!! and 10 min ???????? bravo
    !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. arrrrrrey waaaaaaaaah !!!! u luk rocking in that hindustan times article bhaiya dat for once i didnt realize it was u !! no offence !! but u luk much better in dat pic plu that article is superb !! gud job kiddo !! lol
    !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. and plus !! its been ages since i spoke 2 u !! jaldi hi phone karti hun !! hmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. jaigurudev bhaiya..
    surbhi here(home science).
    it is extremly nice to see ur blog,and an awesome way to connect with you..
    how have u been keeping?
    ur blog is nice,i will always stay a regular reader,keep posting :)

    anuvrat !

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello bhaiyaa

    so hw u doin...now HR-ABAP training is goin on. wish u were spending this week also but...nice pics n article of nandu ji and SAP really it was amazing spending time with u....

    regards
    amrunag@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is this the latest pic of yours bhaiya??

    JGD

    Love,
    Taran

    ReplyDelete
  19. amazing. your spirit to learn new things is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would like to read your article in Hidustan Times. Please send me a link or post it in the Blog. Jaigurudev.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is to remind you of one lil thing i suggested... here is it once again for your consideration...

    Taran said...
    Bhaiya,

    Can we have a search thingy on your blog... using which we can search for a particular date's entry, or some particular heading that we might want to go through... would this be possible??

    Jai Gurudev!!!
    Love,
    Taran

    August 4, 2008 12:06 PM

    JAI GURUDEVA!!!

    Love

    ReplyDelete
  22. jai guru dev bhai
    its really inspiring yar
    after such long hour sleepless journey and then class
    and above all back in form after 8yrs with bang
    really utime bhai
    moral: dere is no hurdle 4 a person with comitment and passion

    ReplyDelete

Love. Jai Gurudeva!
Ramnik