June 26, 2008

My First steps into teaching

I first taught my own classmates way back in 1990 when I was in class 10. I taught a few classes on english and geography. All I remember is I had loved it. Maybe teaching was in the genes. My mom used to teach in a school (or was it a college) before she got married and moved from chandigarh to muktsar. Relatives and neighbours sometimes used to come and learn music from my father.
The first time I taught an Art of Living course I still remember the dimension it had opened in me. I had taught a navchetna shibir to the mess workers of IIT. Pragati aunti had organised it. Right into and after the session I felt an immense coolness in the eyes. A very soothing feeling. As I reached back Andheri ashram Bawa took me into a room and was very curious to know how it was for me. He is the one who made me into a great teacher that I am. Seven years since then, teaching has become my life. From teaching my first part-1 courses in Belgaum in 2002 to YES!+ since 2006, life has shaped and refined every day as a teacher. I remember telling Guruji once, “Guruji aur kuch nahi karna hei bas teaching karna hei.” ( I dont want to do anything else, only teaching).
I am lucky to be teaching. And super lucky to be teaching Art of Living. I teach with my heart and soul. My students learn with their heart and soul. I have had some of the most amazing youth as my students in the last two years of teaching YES!+. As the first YES!+ teachers training begins from 23rd June, its a very fulfilling feeling to have 8 of my students on it. Once they become teachers, much more can be done for the youth.
love & Jai Gurudeva!Publish Post

2 comments:

  1. Bhaiya, even i want to become a yes!+ teacher and i know i have never admitted this to you... but i don't want anything else, just this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. tussi bade crystal clear ho ji life ke bare mein.. sahi hai!

    ReplyDelete

Love. Jai Gurudeva!
Ramnik