May 26, 2008

About Me: A life of my choice !

Hi!!!! :-)


So you want to know about me! 
I live a life focused on spreading the knowledge of Gurudev! I am blessed an lucky to be one of his teachers. It involves quite a lot of travel! I live out of a suitcase. Since I am teaching YES!+, a longer duration course, it means getting to eat dinner after 10 pm almost every week there is a course to teach. Last seven weeks had six of them packed with courses back to back. Teaching courses involves meeting new youth almost every week. It also involves mentoring youth on a long term basis empowering them to shoulder bigger responsibilities, and eventually becoming teachers. I get back to Bangalore ashram almost every few months to rejuvenate myself. Overall, a very very fulfilling life.


Prior to being a full time Art of Living teacher, I was a software professional. I worked for iFlex ( used to be called CITIL in those days) and i2 technologies totaling about 5 years. Infact also spent about an year as an entrepreneur. I had started a software consulting firm named Shakti technologies based out of chennai. I love algorithms, writing code, designing softwares. I still do! And am a genius at it! Just that I don’t have time for it now. Indian economy and stock markets also interest me equally. I did electrical engineering from IIT bombay and also an MBA in software enterprise management with a lot of courses in finance from IIM bangalore. I had a great time both at IIT and at IIM :-). IIT was home for 4 long years which flew by very quickly. I still miss IIT.


Being a teacher has made me more humane, caring and wise. At the same time it has also taken me back into childhood - total spontaneity and a feeling of freedom & joy thats stays ON!


Here's a link to my profile

Love & Jai Gurudeva!!
Ramnik

ps: Please do leave your comments on the blog. Reading them is an inspiration for me to write more :-)

23 comments:

  1. Hat's Off to u Bro......!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jgd bhaiya
    eipsita here.ur life seems gud enough.only a little pestering 4m my side is needed.now thx 2 ur schedule posted here,i can conveniently trouble u!!:}
    p.s.pl.change ur homepage photo.ur profile 1 is a better bet.
    p.p.s.have a maths xam this wed.n am down withviral fever.pl.pl.pl. blesss me!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use your Left brain for the maths test u ET !!!...need some from me ????!!!...I dont have much left with all you around, induction effect u see:-) just the right side left !!... So all the blessings !!

    love
    Jai Gurudeva!
    Ramnik

    ReplyDelete
  4. acha !! sirf eipsita tikkoo urf E.T. ka hi maths test nahi hota theek haina bhaiya !! and now , we get replies on the blog 4m his highness R.B. msg karke toh bas the wait in vain begins...i will call this blog guru grace !! *wink*...wat say eipsa ?? vaise how does T.C. sound rather than tamanna chawla ?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. plus my total total agreement 2 eipsa's pic change idea... the profile pic is better yaar bhaiya !! maana karo sachi !! koi aur pic laga do !! u must have scores of them !! else i have one of u n me !! chaiye toh bta dena !! lolzzz...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i guess i need 2 'conduct' a refresh course 4 u.c...'conduct'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your life story is inspiring in itself. It validates un-conventional choices and makes one realize how success and happiness are narrowly defined by the world. And there is much more to living :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. too gud bhaiya..u r amazing..keep on writting:).pallvi.jai guru dev!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. too gud bhaiya..u r amazing..keep on writting:).pallvi.jai guru dev!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No doubt, dats the best life bhaiya..

    ReplyDelete
  11. jgd bhaiya... its great now to be in touch with u, anytime, anywhere..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jai Gurudev bhia!!
    i feel really great knowing about yur life and yur dedication towards the AOL courses which had bring me on the right track and letting me know how we can live life in correct manner. thanks a lot bhia to u & GURUJI
    JGD
    Harshit

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is no stopping to Ramnik!

    I remember volunteering with you on the courses near IITB...! I used to run short of breath keeping in pace with you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would you please keep your mobile phone and email id available somewhere here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are inspirational dude :)

    Love
    Dinesh

    ReplyDelete
  16. ur awsome bhaiya till now i havent met a person like u so sweet,,,, so innocent,,,, so intelligent,,,so handsome hehehehehe....... giving answers to every question of ours,,,, basically u bring all our problems to 1 basic solution dat is livin life as it comes ,,,,as it was wen w were kids.........JAI GURUDEV

    ReplyDelete
  17. jgd! bhaiya
    i want to request u 2 add some more talks of GURU ji in your blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jai Gurudev !

    I'm your student and attended one of the AOL courses in Bangalore. I thoroughly enjoyed it and very happy to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi sir .. Jai Guru Dev .. Saurabh this side .. from the 1st batch of Yes+ (Chandigarh).. to be more specific the sportsmen .. :) how r u sir ?? it's been so long .. met u in the court that day .. take care !!

    ReplyDelete
  20. jai gurudev bhaiya i will do my first yes plus from you........
    so pls send me a email on my email id sanjay2poswal@gmail.com

    when will be your cousre start in coming july or june and augt.

    ReplyDelete
  21. jai gurudev bhaiya
    i m dying to do cousre from you!!

    so when will be your cousre going to be held in july and june pls infrome me

    sanjay poswal
    (karnal/Kaithal)
    9720108104
    sanjay2poswal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi bhaiyya , Here's Vikram, i am a dull student of yours March 2007 batch of yes+ @ panjab university. I dont know what to write to you here. I remember your each and every word to us there , perhaps i feel u were addressing only to me.
    Thanx for brightening my life.
    Jai Guru Dev
    Hare Krishna :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You truly inspired me ,Whenever I feel low I remember you . It provides me energy.

    Rohit - march 2010 yes+

    ReplyDelete

Love. Jai Gurudeva!
Ramnik